Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Events and Outreach Office Administrator to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment within the Global Security’s (GS) Directorate Events and Outreach Office (EOO). You will independently priortize and execute a diverse administrative workload. You will frequenty interact with high-level Laboratory management, LLNS Board of Governors, LLNL Protocol Office, as well as VIP visitors to include officials and representatives from various government agencies, academia and private sector.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of administrative processes and activities and serve as a point of contact for all administrative action items and requests.
- Lead the implementation of business, operational and/or organizational activities. Serve as a resource providing guidance on the interpretation and application of business policies, procedures and practices; review documentation for adherence to policies and ensure consistency.
- Lead, manage, direct, and oversee special projects, such as high level visits, special events, program reviews, workshops and conferences, assigned by the GS Events and Outreach Manager (EOM) to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Act as a liaison for the coordination and implementation of these activities, ensuring timelines and compliance of security requirements.
- Manage PAD level visit activities to ensure management of resources and coordination of visits, tours, and badging. Actively participate in various meetings and represent the Program on various committees.
- Independently clarify, coordinate, communicate, and disseminate information on behalf of the GS PAD and EOM. Assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Provide advanced administrative support to GS EOM and the GS PAD and Program Managers. Represent management on day-to-day administrative matters to high level internal and external managers and respond on their behalf.
- Serve as the back up to the GS EOM.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating and leading administrative projects and/or operational work activities including high level visits, conferences, off site meetings, events and multi-faceted internal processes for a work unit and/or functional area.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with computers and associated software including MS Office applications; experience creating and maintaining complex spread sheets and developing presentations. Excellent grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills necessary to independently identify and recommend appropriate actions and implement solutions to administrative issues.
- Leadership and team building skills with the ability to influence and build productive relationships with the aptitude to assume responsibility and make decisions with minimal guidance within a disciplinary team.
- Advanced administrative and organizational skills, extremely detail-oriented with experience in independently prioritizing multiple diverse and complex tasks for self and others in a fast-paced environment, with frequent interruptions, while meeting conflicting deadlines.
- Experience working on organizational projects with the ability to understand customer needs and interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment; ability to effectively deal with difficult situations and personnel.
- Experience leading multifaceted internal processes and developing and implementing various administrative procedures and workflow processes to enhance efficiencies and meet objectives.
- AA degree with specialty in Public Relations, Business Administration or a related discipline or demonstrated competence obtained through a combination of experience, education, and/or training
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with LLNL standard software packages (VTS, LEAP, Catering, FTS, etc.). Experience working with CVENT online registration tool.
- Experience working in a scientific or technical program with broad institutional knowledge of the Laboratory and its programs.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.