Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Web Application Developer to work on a team that supports the Laboratory’s portal, content, search, and web environments. You will apply software development and design experience to implement solutions and enhance web applications and tools in support of a diverse set of requirements. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) within the Computing Directorate in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level, depending on your qualifications. Additional responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Perform software engineering using established development practices, tools, and processes for achieving robust software quality, including testing, configuration management, change management, and documentation.
- Design, develop, and enhance web applications implemented in a variety of technologies including Java, Angular JS, Play, Liferay.
- Design and implement data models in relational databases (Oracle, MySQL).
- Develop and implement RESTful web services.
- Participate in peer programming, design reviews, and collaborate with team members on project deliverables.
- Leverage Agile development techniques in support of the fulfillment of technical projects and deliverables, functioning as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Lead development efforts using advanced project techniques.
- Use independent judgement to complete projects with minimal direction.
- Contribute to the development of strategic roadmaps and project proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration with concentration in Computer Information Systems, or a related field, or education and related experience.
- Broad experience with IDEs (e.g., Eclipse, JDeveloper, IntelliJ, Netbeans, etc.) and source code management (e.g., GIT, Subversion, etc.).
- Comprehensive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad experience with software testing, debugging, and quality assurance strategies and techniques.
- Experience developing software as part of a collaborative development team.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Significant experience implementing full stack Java web applications.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to contribute creative solutions to complex problems in cross-organizational efforts.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information to all levels of personnel.
- Experience with AngularJS, JQuery, ReactJS, Backbone, Ember, Continuous Integration Strategies (e.g., Hudson, Jenkins, etc.), Linux, REST web services, JSON, XML, and Oracle Database.
- Experience working in a variety of software development technologies and projects concurrently.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.