Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Requirements Management Specialist to independently and collaboratively provide advanced requirements architecture development and requirements analysis associated with formal requirements management and models-based systems engineering. You will be responsible for constructing traceability schema for requirement decomposition and verification as well as the configuration management and baselining of requirements in support of LLNL’s Stockpile Stewardship mission, specifically the Life Extension Programs (LEPs). The position is within the Applications, Quality and Simulations (ASQ) Division of the Computing Directorate and matrixed to the Systems Engineering and Integration Group within the Defense Technologies and Engineering Division.
This position will be filled at either the A07.1 or A07.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Perform maintenance of the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) and the GENESYS software, a tool for performing Models-based Systems Engineering (MBSE), under the guidance of the requirements lead for both W80-4 and W87-1.
- Maintain database content residing in DB2, an IBM proprietary database.
- Document requirements engineering processes/procedures and guidelines for change control for requirements, configuration management, information architecture/model analysis as it pertains to DOORS and GENESYS implementation.
- Assist in the strategic planning and in the identification of process improvement to increase efficiency, accuracy, and consistency in work output.
- Maintain software-related documentation to include work instructions for users.
- Assist with structures and procedures for managing requirements, risk, test assets, project controls, and MBSE tools.
- Provide metrics and generate reports from both DOORS and GENESYS as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the A07.2 Level
- Provide assistance to the System Engineering and Integration Group Leader on potential improvements to existing processes and tools and assist in implementation activities.
- Interface with system engineers, product realization teams, test engineers, program management, quality assurance engineers to architect, link and export reports.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, processes, and tasks.
- Experience working with a requirements management system or MBSE software.
- Working knowledge of requirements management and analysis, which may include performing functional and system analysis, implementing allocation practices, performing. verification/validation tracing, or other similar functions.
- Experience researching, gathering, analyzing information and summarizing for management review.
- Experience effectively applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Experience performing process analysis to recommend and execute process improvements.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate, negotiate and influence all levels of personnel.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and document, present and explain technical information.
In Addition at the A07.2 Level
- Advanced knowledge of and experience applying industry best practices, techniques, standards, processes, and systems in support of a requirements and systems engineering.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Associate degree in a Business or Technology area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with IBM Rationale DOORS (both legacy and Next Generation)
- Experience with GENESYS (MBSE tool)
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.