Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Imagery Analyst to join an interdisciplinary team conducting analysis for the national security interests of the United States. You will apply a combination of technical expertise, critical thinking, and in-depth analysis of information from all sources to provide threat assessments in support of customer objectives and mission. You will engage in complex imagery, data analysis, technology assessments and foreign program analysis. The position is within Global Security (GS) Principal Directorate’s Z Program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Conduct moderately complex to complex research on sensitive, politically significant national security topics, to include tasking and exploiting imagery to analyze activities at targets of interest, as well as maintain awareness of relevant current events and information in assigned areas.
- Produce infographics based on imagery analysis that can standalone as analytic products or be incorporated into more complex, all-source analytic products.
- Prepare moderately complex to complex intelligence assessments that adhere to intelligence community analytic standards.
- Contribute to the development of a focused national security research program in assigned areas that address key science and technology, assist in identifying priorities, defining problems, and proposing analytic methodologies.
- Present analytic findings as verbal briefings to sponsors and other stakeholders; may include some domestic and international travel.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security requirements are met for all levels of classified/unclassified information under your direct control adhering to defined practices and procedures.
- Maintain required security in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) environment for information that is under the analyst’s direct control.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Contribute to the development of new program opportunities, including the definition and development of research proposals and interaction with potential sponsors and customers.
- Contribute advanced subject matter knowledge on national security issues to inform the development of strategies and plans to meet programmatic objectives.
- Represent the organization as a main point of contact on multiple complex intelligence related tasks and large projects, working effectively with conflicting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, International Studies, Political Science, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant professional experience and demonstrated ability to perform independent work.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams to identify priorities, define problems, develop and carry out analytical approaches to gather and assess intelligence data and achieve moderately complex to complex project objectives.
- Experience conducting imagery analysis, including tasking, and exploiting imagery and producing imagery-related infographics. Also have experience working with interdisciplinary teams across organizational work units with demonstrated effective team work and customer relations skills.
- Experience working effectively under deadlines, reasoning effectively under broadly defined objectives and limited information, coordinating workload on multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment, author intelligence analyses and present technical information to external sponsors and customers.
- Ability to travel off-site, including potentially internationally, for sponsor and customer interaction.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Master’s degree in Geography, International Studies, Political Science, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant related professional experience, with experience delivering high-level, high-quality and impactful complex analytical products.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams and advise and influence senior management and external sponsors.
- Advanced knowledge and experience conducting imagery analysis; experience effectively working independently, with minimal guidance, to perform independent analysis and collaborate effectively with technical experts in a variety of national security disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience working within or with the U.S. intelligence community and/or military conducting imagery analysis.
- Experience conducting all-source analysis that incorporates imagery.
- Demonstrated publication record in a relevant national security issue area.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.