Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We are seeking a Senior Scheduler to support scheduling in nuclear and high hazard facilities within the Weapons & Complex Integration Principal Directorate. With minimal direction, you will provide leadership for the implementation of scheduling functions to reflect management priorities, integrating multiple projects with competing resource requirements. The Senior Scheduler supports moderate-sized program scheduling assignments and monitors the program’s progress toward milestones and key events. This position is in the Work Planning & Control (WP&C) group within the Environment Safety and Health Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the TSS.3 or TSS.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Work with the Integrated Master Scheduler and senior directorate managers to develop and implement an Integrated Master Plan (IMP), including an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), by applying the principles of project management to large, complex, inter-related project schedules.
- Satisfy requirements of the IMS Program using Oracle’s Primavera products such as P6 to complete the required IMS schedule services and to develop templates, fragnets, schedule baselines, re-baseline schedules, update schedules, analyze schedules, and to generate IMS reports.
- Provide guidance to other schedulers to ensure a consistent application of the IMS Program across laboratory directorates.
- Ensure schedules include appropriate lead times and durations to maximize schedule compliance.
- Educate and assist program and project managers during the IMS process, virtually or in face-to-face meetings, develop analytical approaches and analysis of various scenarios such as “what-if” scenarios for projects which may be exposed to possible changes or delays and indicate the impact to a project’s schedule and completion date.
- Provide support to the program and project managers with re-baselining requirement for projects in which major changes in milestone dates have occurred. Prior to re-baselining, the Senior Scheduler will assist the program and project managers in “what-if” scenario analysis to rearrange sequences of work or schedule activity durations to mitigate a recovery plan and to prevent future re-baselining.
- Integrate existing project schedules to provide a roll up report for program and project managers and leadership for each laboratory directorate.
- Build and maintain a program-level IMS which includes major milestones and deliverables from internal customers and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Perform complex program schedule analysis to including metrics, critical path, float, and schedule variances.
- Develop metrics with alerts that show activity slippage and aid program and project managers in decision making prior to a project slippage.
- Serve as a representative of the organization as the primary technical resource to provide strategic technical advice to management and/or external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology or an equivalent combination of education and related technical experience.
- Significant experience with Critical Path Management (CPM) scheduling and planning, and performing Schedule Risk Assessments (SRAs).
- Significant experience analyzing and managing a project or program schedule and effectively communicating to all levels of the project team and stakeholders.
- Expert-level knowledge of Oracle Primavera products such as P6 Software Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe to create, analyze, and produce IMS reports.
- Significant experience working independently, manage multiple competing priorities under pressure, and apply exceptional organizational skills to accomplish work.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills necessary to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams of technical experts through planning and scheduling discussions, including conflict resolution skills necessary to resolve differing opinions, scheduling conflicts, and resource allocations.
- Expert application and development of technical, business or operational principles, theories or concepts and techniques to independently contribute to technical projects.
- Advanced experience leading the development and management of enterprise- and/or integrated schedules, applying the principles of project management to development of a large, complex, inter-related schedule.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification.
- Experience working in nuclear and high hazard facilities.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.