Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Coordinator/Technical Coordinator/Technical Release Representative (TRR) exclusively for the Flight Test Group. You will provide technical and administrative support for the purchase, movement and disposition of materials, including electronic and mechanical hardware. You will be responsible for record keeping and delivery of goods. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED supports programs within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the 538.1 or 538.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Solve basic technical problems and exercise decision making using established guidelines, techniques, and procedures.
- Coordinate and track materials for customers and jobs, working with technical personnel to develop and implement standards and specifications.
- Process and procure mechanical and or electronic systems, and use established techniques and procedures to provide detailed status updates and to resolve basic solutions to technical issues.
- Provide basic coordinator support for resolution of vendor supply and fabrication problems, obtain authorization for design changes, substitutions, job orders, and other related actions to resolve basic problems and ensure meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Interact and communicate with vendors, requesters, and other associates in the work unit, LLNL Procurement, LLNL Receiving, and Program personnel.
- Log and report activities and tasks as required by Technical Release Representative Policy and Procedures Guidelines management and regularly provide detailed status updates to supervisor and customers/requesters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 538.2 Level
- Interact with technical contacts across multiple work units to ensure timely procurements and deliveries.
- Provide resolution of vendor supply, obtain authorization for substitutions, job orders, and other related actions to resolve problems and ensure meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Associate degree in mechanical or electrical technology, information systems, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Possess basic skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, to procure and coordinate mechanical and electronic systems, and solve basic technical issues.
- Knowledge of acquisition processes; programmatic approval, bid, award, receive, property management, reconciliation, and close-outs.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, associated desktop office software, and database systems and associated reports.
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through to ensure problems are resolved or reported in a timely manner and policies and procedures are followed.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team. - Ability to obtain and maintain Technical Release Representative Certification.
In Addition at the 538.2 Level
- Experience with resolving vendor and supply chain fabrication problems, providing solutions and substitutions.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical terminology, standards, procedures, and techniques related to manufacturing practices.
- Experience working to ensure accuracy of requirements including areas such as ES&H considerations for procurements.
- Current TRR certification. - Knowledge of the Supply Chain Management policies and procedures and the WCI TRR Team procurement procedures.
- Knowledge of Clean Harbor contract and procurement releases for waste shipment to Clean Harbors and Energy Solutions.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.