Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Requirements Management Administrator to independently and collaboratively provide advanced computer support across a wide range of activities associated with formal requirements management and models-based systems engineering. You will be responsible for constructing traceability schema for requirement decomposition and verification as well as the configuration management and baselining of requirements in support of LLNL’s Stockpile Stewardship mission, specifically the Life Extension Programs (LEPs). This position is within the Applications, Quality and Simulations (ASQ) Division of the Computing Directorate and matrixed to the Systems Engineering and Integration Group within the Defense Technologies and Engineering Division.
- Responsible for the execution and maintenance of the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) and the GENESYS software, a tool for performing Models-based Systems Engineering (MBSE), under the guidance of the requirements lead for both W80-4 and W87-1.
- Manage and maintain database content residing in DB2, an IBM proprietary database.
- Develop/document requirements engineering processes/procedures and guidelines for change control for requirements, configuration management, data modeling, information architecture/model analysis as it pertains to DOORS and GENESYS implementation.
- Assist in the strategic planning and in the identification of process improvement to increase efficiency, accuracy, and consistency in work output.
- Development and advanced support to maintain all software-related documentation to include work instructions for users as well as system and database design details.
- Coordinate with the WCI Applications Team to perform software updates as well establish integrations with other related software tools.
- Extract metrics and generate reports from both DOORS and GENESYS as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering practices, processes, and tasks.
- Significant experience working with a requirements management system or MBSE software.
- Broad and in-depth working knowledge of requirements management and analysis, which may include performing functional and system analysis, implementing allocation practices, performing verification/validation tracing, or other similar functions.
- Significant experience with database design/architecture and management.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop effective solutions.
- Significant experience performing process analysis to recommend and execute process improvements.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate, negotiate and influence all levels of personnel.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team. environment and document, present and explain technical information.
- Experience with DXL scripting.
- Experience with IBM Rationale DOORS (both legacy and Next Generation).
- Experience with GENESYS (MBSE tool).
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is an At Will appointment. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. If final candidate is a Career Indefinite employee, Career Indefinite status may be maintained [should funding allow].
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.