Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Computer Associate to make contributions both by writing full-stack web applications and contributing in a DevOps capacity. You will be splitting up your time between working with a team to develop full-stack web applications by participating in the full software development lifecycle and independently apply DevOps practices to automate custom software deployments, containerize services, automate continuous integration pipelines, and automate test code. This position is within the Applications, Simulations, and Quality (ASQ) Division of the Computing Directorate matrixed to the Environmental Restoration Department (ERD).
- Work both independently and with a team to develop a range of software applications spanning both web development and DevOps domains.
- Act as a liaison between developers and IT support staff to share knowledge and implement DevOps solutions.
- Collaborate with peer developers, customers, end-users, and management to develop scientific and business software that meets requirements.
- Independently manage and optimize the development team’s continuous integration pipeline.
- Participate in an Agile development process to fulfill objectives and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of technical training and extensive experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of containers and their usage in software deployment scenarios.
- Familiarity with git for source code control software.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities and meet deadlines that are important to project success.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel with the ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to prepare, present, and document technical information.
- Knowledge of LivIT processes and an ability to effectively work with Linux system administrators to accomplish shared objectives.
- Familiarity with the Taurus Environmental Information Management System (TEIMS).
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.