Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for a Program Management Business Analyst to support the Modernization Programs (MPs). You will be supporting the MP Project Engineers and the engineering system Team Leads in execution of programmatic work to ensure technical review actions are tracked, internal and external deliverables are managed and completed on time, programmatic documentation is properly archived, and communication systems are in place and working properly. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate in support of the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
- Manage the system team technical review action item database and ensure all action items are added, tracked, and reported out on a regular basis.
- Monitor engineering leadership taskings to include internal and external deliverables and ensure responsibly parties are completing activities on time to support closure.
- Ensure project documentation is archived per NNSA Policy-24 (NAP-24) and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Monitor performance data and independently develop complex analysis that may include schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the engineering team. Provide consultative support to engineering leadership team to monitor deliverables and tracked action items.
- Develop programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Lead special projects as defined by the project engineer or system team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience working with the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSA) and NNSA federal program management organizations.
- Experience developing, qualifying, and delivering product through the product realization process.
- Program management experience working with schedules, cost estimates, and multi-site integration.
- Experience taking initiative to develop innovative solutions for successful project execution.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively interact and collaborate with the LLNL weapons program, nuclear security enterprise sites, and federal management staff.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced degree in business or related field.
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Defense Programs Business Process Systems and NAP-24.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.