Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a mid to senior career level Financial Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will independently perform budgetary analyses and resource management duties, provide advice on complex financial and business issues and have responsibility for direct and indirect budgets. This position is in the Budget/National Ignition Facility & Photon Science (NIF) Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
- Independently develop and analyze complex financial workforce/operating plans and provide recommendations for review by management.
- Gather and analyze diverse and complex information on funding, costing, and workforce issues; research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions as appropriate and perform complex research and analysis.
- Formulate and communicate decisions within scope of designated authority and provide financial and business process consultation and improvement expertise.
- Perform self-assessments and represent the organization in financial audits.
- Develop key institutional metrics, business indicators and other financial data and partner with appropriate analysts to ensure proper alignment to the Institutional Work Breakdown Structure.
- Formulate draft policies, procedures and processes with organizational and institutional impact in response to DOE/NNSA/LLNS and other federal financial laws, orders, and guidelines, serving as a subject matter expert with regard to the interpretation and application of financial standards, policies, and procedures.
Represent department and/or directorate on working groups/committees and lead key efforts/projects to develop unique solutions to complex problems.
- Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and programmatic and financial managers throughout the Laboratory, LLNS, NNSA, LFO and DOE Headquarters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Significant experience applying analytical skills to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present financial data and information.Demonstrated knowledge of and experience performing financial functions, including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Significant experience and demonstrated advanced skills in the development and maintenance of financial databases and spreadsheets containing advanced functions including commercial and/or institutional financial tools.
- Demonstrated complete knowledge and significant experience performing and directing financial findings, working with diverse funding sources including direct and indirect.
- Significant experience with decision making, problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact and experience negotiating desirable outcomes.Experience leading others successfully.
- Experience in effective communication skills, both written and verbal to deliver financial briefings, documentation, reports and financial advice to senior Laboratory personnel and other external organizations and agencies.
- Expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.