Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Business Analysts to support the Modernization Programs (MPs). You will be supporting the MP Project Engineers and the engineering system Team Leads in execution of programmatic work to ensure technical review actions are tracked, internal and external deliverables are managed and completed on time, programmatic documentation is properly archived, and communication systems are in place and working properly. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate in support of the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
These positions will be filled at either the E01.1 or the E01.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Coordinate efforts for the system team technical review action item database and help to ensure all action items are added, tracked, and reported out on a regular basis.
- Assist in gathering project documentation to be archived per NNSA Policy-24 (NAP-24) and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Monitor engineering leadership taskings to include internal and external deliverables and ensure responsibly parties are completing activities on time to support closure.
- Gather performance data, assist in analysis, and make recommendations that may include schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Perform SharePoint site administration and maintain organized shared document structures.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the engineering team. Provide consultative support to engineering leadership team to monitor deliverables and tracked action items.
- Assist in the development of programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the E01.2 Level
- Participate in defining, automating, and improving new and existing business processes and workflows.
- Conduct assessments of current processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Research and prepare SharePoint content, in addition to documentation for user guides, training manuals, and process checklists.
- Prepare project documentation to be archived per NNSA Policy-24 (NAP-24) and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Associate degree in Business or Technology area, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in project management and applying related practices, standards, and processes.
- Experience coordinating work flow activities in a dynamic work environment and ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Experience effectively applying good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a technical support environment, collaborating with others, and recommending process improvements.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, customer support, task prioritization, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Ability to communicate clear expectations on project and process activities, as well as lead the facilitation of business process improvements.
- Ability to learn new software applications.
In addition at the E01.2 level
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology area or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of classified document control, email and computing procedures. Experience gathering, analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting data for documenting functional needs and constraints.
- Proficiency in working effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a technical support environment using computer systems to manage complex data collections. Ability to use discretion and problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Advanced experience using MS Office business applications and web-based collaborative platforms, such as SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, Visio. Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro and FileMaker Pro.
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Defense Programs Business Process Systems and NAP-24.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.