Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a DTED Operations Administrator to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently following established procedures to assess business, operational and organizational requirements, and deliverables. You will apply general knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices to develop, approve and implement administrative and operational activities.
This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs.
- Participate in space planning, decision-making, development, and operational processes.
- Collect, validate and interpret business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of space and learning and development.
- Coordinate and participate in human resources activities for non-exempt office administrative personnel including hiring, training, performance management, career development, and provide ranking and salary recommendations.
- Research, analyze, establish, and implement internal administrative procedures and systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Lead the implementation of business, operational and/or organizational strategies, objectives and deliverables.
- Assess business, operational and organizational requirements and deliverables and develop, approve, and implement administrative and operational activities. - Supervise non-exempt administrative staff in the DTED Division Office. - Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes in a functional area.
- Experience participating in business, operational and/or organizational activities in a functional area.
- Experience working on organizational projects with the ability to understand, interpret, and apply related policies and procedures. Effective leadership and team-building skills.
- Understanding of basic principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures and of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Ability to work independently/effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions; ability to be self-motivated, assume responsibility, and make decisions with minimal guidance.
- Effective analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills necessary to independently advise, resolve, recommend, and approve appropriate actions to implement solutions.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area and related experience.
- Experience working with software applications, such as FileMaker Pro.
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.