Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Information Security Specialists. You will represent the Information Security Group in one of its three disciplines: Classified Matter Protection and Control (CMPC), Operations Security (OPSEC), and Security Awareness (SA). You work together in support of Information Security; OPSEC and SA are closely aligned, and these positions will support each other to maintain a strong OPSEC and SA program. These positions are in the Security Organization.
- Resolve security-related issues/inquiries; interpret and provide guidance on DOE Security Orders and Laboratory policies, procedures, guidelines, and manuals.
- Participate in the creation, implementation, and administration of Information Security policy and procedures to meet DOE Order requirements.
- Serve as a Basic Instructor Training (BIT) Certified Instructor to assist in teaching institutional LTRAIN courses; participate in course material development.
- Participate in self-assessments, data analysis, and report writing, collaborate on solutions and initiate corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring protection of classified and sensitive information, track training compliance records, and ensure the integrity and accuracy of policy and procedure documents.
- Monitor security measures to ensure compliance with DOE Orders, LLNL policy, and Information Security processes and procedures.
- Contribute to planning, organizing, and participating in security-related campaigns, events, and messaging across the Laboratory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the J01.2 level
- Independently identify, plan, coordinate and conduct inspections, reviews, and assessments to ensure work is conducted in compliance with DOE Security Orders and LLNL policy; compile data and report findings to management, present analyses, and implement solutions.
- Provide Information Security briefings to LLNL personnel.
- Associate’s degree, in a security, science, or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience.
- Knowledge of security principles related to Information Security and the ability to understand and follow established practices, standards, processes, and systems.
- Experience in interpretation/application of security requirements, training, assessments, statistics, event planning, etc.
- Experience functioning effectively as a team member as well as working independently with a high degree of maturity, discretion, and judgment.
- Experience working effectively under limited supervision in a fast-paced environment and the demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
- Advanced customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills necessary to maintain effective customer service standards and effective working relations with Laboratory employees and external organizations.
- Experience consistently meeting aggressive deadlines and responding to ever changing priorities.
In Addition at the J01.2 level
- Bachelor’s degree, in a security, science, or other related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience.
- Experience applying DOE and/or NNSA requirements/guidance, orders and regulations governing physical and/or information security.
- Experience tracking, compiling, and monitoring data and results.
- Experience developing and writing clear and concise formal reports or other correspondence.
- Experience applying security practices, policies, regulatory requirements, orders, regulations, and standards to develop clear, concise, and effective procedures, reports, and training materials.
- Experience participating in self-assessments in a compliance-based discipline.
- Knowledge and experience working with classified and/or sensitive unclassified matter.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively direct, present, negotiate with, and influence all levels of management and staff.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.