Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Supervisor positions in the Acquisition Management Group. The selected candidate will be responsible for the organization and cost-effective utilization of the work force, equipment, materials, and for personnel actions. You will be responsible for scheduling, establishing priorities, and analyzing skills mix of a multi-disciplined workforce for job assignments, solving the groups personnel and technical problems, budget management, and monitoring ES&H requirements. These positions are in the Manufacturing Engineering Section of the Materials Engineering Division (MED) supporting the Engineering Directorate.
- Provide supervisory and technical management of the work center/teams including work planning, setting priorities, writing performance appraisals, career development, training, salary, ranking, promotion recommendations, and disciplinary issues.
- Direct significant electronics and mechanical coordination projects and activities, as well as oversight of procurement and coordination groups.
- Establish or modify guidelines, techniques, and procedures for work center planning including QA, workflow processes, tools and equipment acquisition/repair/maintenance, workforce, and budgetary management.
- Interface closely with LLNL program and/or facility managers, technical contacts, and project engineers.
- Interface with other MED, Engineering, or institutional capabilities to provide broad, integrated solutions to best serve programmatic needs.
- Analyze and interpret complex administrative, technical, and budgetary information related to project objectives and translate them into project plans, job requirements, and work assignments.
- Make decisions using independent discretion and judgment and resolve multi-project/program requirements.
- Exercise sound judgment in high-consequence safety environment, solving moderately complex problems in a multitasked environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Manufacturing Technology, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced technical leadership skills and experience supervising a team, project, or group, directing the technical work of others, developing schedules, determining technical support level requirements, managing, and changing workloads and priorities, and performance and personnel management.
- Experience with electronic and mechanical manufacturing processes and design standards.
- Experience assuming responsibility with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Advanced skills and abilities in technical coordination of complex projects including project planning, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Advanced experience providing technical direction, and effectively leading a multidisciplinary team with a commitment to technical excellence, performance, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to supervise a team and present/explain technical knowledge in specific technical areas.
- Advanced administrative skills including the use of computers and software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar applications.
- Advanced knowledge of LLNL’s work control and integrated safety management processes and resources.
- Familiar with MED's fabrication control system (COSMOS) relative to job planning, estimating, scheduling, and routing.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.