Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
The Director's Office has an opening for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Associate Deputy Director, Special Projects by performing a full range of advanced, diverse and complex executive assistant services in a highly visible environment. You will serve as a point-of-contact for the area and manager supported and will interface with senior-level internal and external personnel to exchange, gather and disseminate information.
- Represent the Associate Deputy Director, Special Projects to the Director and other senior managers in daily interactions to senior management/executives, internal and external to the Laboratory. Independently set priorities when committing time; organize and coordinate complex and often confidential calendars.
- Clarify, coordinate, communicate, and disseminate information on behalf of the Associate Deputy Director, Special Projects often independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Compile, coordinate, proof, format, edit, and finalize a variety of documents and email messages, most of which contain sensitive or privileged information, including correspondence, itineraries, reports, presentations, complex forms, and talking papers for management.
- Conduct preliminary research, make requests for information, compile and coordinate internal and external information on a variety of business, operational and administrative topics.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of internal/external meetings; develop agendas and identify and contact meeting attendees; provide information for meetings or visits; commit funds for accommodations and meeting locations.
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel and independently make adjustments to complex itineraries as required.
- Initiate and compose original and sensitive correspondence, memoranda, reports and agendas on behalf of Associate Deputy Director, Special Projects- Manage complex and often confidential files; determine retention/destruction status of documents using Laboratory guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing executive assistant support to senior management/ executives; experience representing senior management/executives to diverse internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of Laboratory business, operations, and organization; demonstrated knowledge of external organizations related to (DO/PAD/Directorate) business.
- Advanced executive assistant skills and experience including fast, accurate keyboarding and excellent grammar, proofreading and editing skills; expert level skills and experience with personal computers and associated software; including expertise in preparing presentations using PowerPoint or similar software and experience using Excel.
- Experience coordinating and leading administrative projects; demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills necessary to independently identify and recommend appropriate actions and solutions to administrative issues.
- Organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication skills to effectively interact and represent the office and manager with all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Knowledge of appropriate handling of sensitive and/or classified documents and protection; experience working effectively with sensitive issues and exercising judgment and discretion.
-Knowledge and understanding of the Laboratory’s policies and procedures.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite or At Will appointment. Only Laboratory employees with Career Indefinite or At Will status may apply for this position. If final candidate is an At Will employee, At Will status may be maintained based on funding considerations.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.