Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
The Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate has an opening for an Office Manager to support the W87-1 Program Office and management team. You will be the conduit for internal and external interactions in a highly dynamic office and will work with program management to develop and implement administrative policies and procedures customized to the Program’s needs and requirements. You will serve as LLNL’s primary administrative point of contact for communications related to the W87-1 Program Office. Interactions will be at all levels of management both internal and external to WCI and the Laboratory, to include both the DOE and DoD communities. Selected candidate will act as a resource with major proactive responsibility for the daily operational activities of administrative functions required in an independent setting. This position will report to the WCI Principal Directorate Administrator.
This position will be filled at either the A01.1 or A01.2 level depending on qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Assess business, operational and organizational requirements and deliverables and develop, approve and implement administrative and operational activities.
- Participate in planning, decision-making, and development of administrative processes for the work unit.
- Review documentation for adherence to policy to ensure consistency within the work unit or functional area; participate in determining whether work unit is in compliance with policies, procedures, methods, and practices and participate in the implementation of corrective actions to bring into compliance.
- Coordinate and participate in human resources activities for non-exempt office administrative personnel including hiring, training, performance management, career development, and provide ranking and salary recommendations.
- Research, analyze, establish and implement internal administrative procedures and systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Collect, validate, and interpret business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of strategic and/or workforce planning activities.
- May assist with tracking budgets and expenditures, working closely with lead administrator and resource manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the A01.2 Level
- Represent W87-1 Program on self-assessment, audit teams, or work-related committees and lead projects to assess, set and establish protocol and procedures for the work unit.
- Prepare and review a variety of reports for management decision making.
- Review a variety of documentation for adherence to policy and ensures consistency.
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes for the work unit and/or functional area.
- Experience participating in business, operational and/or organizational activities.
- Experience working on organizational projects with the ability to understand, interpret, and apply related policies and procedures. Demonstrated effective leadership and team-building skills.
- Understanding of basic principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures and of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently advise, resolve, recommend and approve appropriate actions to implement solutions.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
In Addition at the A01.2 Level
- Administrative and organizational skills, including detail oriented, flexibility and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex work activities, often with conflicting deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature and demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, direct, negotiate and influence others.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues effectively
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.