Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have multiple openings for undergraduate level students or recent grads with associate’s degree to further their technology educational goals. You will support engineering projects involving research, conceptual design, innovative technologies, diagnostics, manufacturing principles, and core processes in product development. If you are energetic and enthusiastic with knowledge and interest in mechanical technologies, electronics technologies, or design & drafting, this internship could be a good match for you. These positions are in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
- Working directly with a mentor in your field of study, perform technical assignments with a basic degree of complexity.
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientific staff in research and development projects to find solutions to real world problems.
- Under close supervision, participate in research in assigned area.
- Utilize standard software packages common in your discipline to complete common tasks.
- Gather and analyze data or information in support of engineering research.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Share technical information and promote open dialogue.
- Attend relevant seminars, facility tours, and interact with other students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college student in good academic standing, enrolled at an accredited institution pursuing a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or is a recent grad with an associates degree in mechanical engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, design/drafting, or other technology related field.
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer.
- A sustained record of outstanding academic performance.
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment utilizing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- GPA of 3.2 or above
- Technical project experience.
- Familiarity with tools associated to your field of study.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: None required.
Note: This is a Temporary Student Intern appointment. This assignment is for a full-time position during the summer academic break
Selected applicants will be required to provide transcripts.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.