Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Design and Engineering Assistant to support the Design and Engineering Division. You will provide high-level assistance in a fast-paced environment to assist in the production of engineering products and operations of the Design and Engineering Division. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Facilitate activities with Engineering staff and other key stakeholders including Project Managers, LLNL reviewers, Project Controls Analysts, and clients to ensure production of engineering products.
- Research, gather information, develop and implement new techniques and procedures to improve engineering workflow and resource loading using specialized knowledge.
- Assist Design Managers with scheduling design product deliverables and design reviews.
- Maintain and update Division resource loading tools and assist the Division Leader and discipline leads in ensuring that projects have proper resources allocated.
- Assist with production of technical packages for procurement of design and construction services.
- Independently address areas of concern with appropriate follow up to Design Manager or Division Leader.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced engineering, facilities, or project management environment and knowledge of architectural and engineering industry standards.
- Experience with budget and schedule tracking and communicating project status with stakeholders.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, evaluating and interpreting data.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate within a team environment.
- Experience planning own work and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong computer skills using related software for spreadsheets and word processing.
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex problems.
- Experience facilitating functional business processes by providing a clear understanding and communicating expectations.
- Working knowledge of engineering industry practices including scopes of work and technical specifications.
- Experience working at an at A/E (Architectural and Engineering) firm.
- Significant experience using Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project; experience with Microsoft Power BI.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.