Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Engineering Scientific Coordinator. You will perform a role as the Engineering Directorate Operations Coordinator overseeing facility space usage, utilization, and occupancy of Engineering’s office and laboratory facilities. You will also provide support to the Engineering Deputy Associate Director of Operations. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED), within the Engineering Directorate
- Provide technical planning and direction for approximately six Material Coordinators that provide facility infrastructure required to meet directorate milestones and deliverables while exercising a high degree of independent judgment and discretion in support of the Directorate operations and administrative missions.
- Oversee facility space usage, utilization, and occupancy of Engineering’s office and laboratory facilities (700,000 GSF). Develop methods and practices to keep such data current and immediately available for decision-making. Develop and coordinate institutionally with Lab stakeholders and implement strategies for efficient Engineering facility space utilization and manage TESA lock administration.
- Manage expenses for special facility projects; establish metrics, collect data, prepare reports, charts, and complex to highly complex analysis related to Engineering facilities.
- Manage Directorate office and lab moves using database and/or web based tools and develop and implement procedures and practices that lead to efficiencies. Responsibilities include relocation of entire groups, identifying furniture requirements and managing procurement, classified drops, and vault construction.
- Serve as Engineering’s primary liaison to institutional committees, space management and stakeholder advisory groups relating to facility operations and space management.
- Manage and maintain Directorate facility walkthroughs based on independent decision-making within predetermined weekly themes entering and tracking discovered deficiencies.
- Supervise property management for the Engineering Directorate including the supervision of two matrixed FTE’s to track inventory, custodian assignments, and equipment end of life disposition. Supervise Directorate procurement functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in related program, operational, or organizational areas.
- Experience developing performance measures and analyzing data outcomes for facility management and or space management/coordination using independent discretion and judgment.
- Experience coordinating and leading complex to highly complex operational work activities and multi-faceted processes while working effectively with all levels of management on institutional activities.
- Significant experience providing technical leadership through the effective utilization of people and available resources with significant experience in project planning, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Significant experience working in a multidisciplinary project environment with simultaneous commitments to performance, cost, and schedule.
- Knowledge and experience in writing, interpreting, and applying administrative and operational procedures.
- Experience developing, adhering to, and monitoring budgets, and the ability to work efficiently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced work environment, with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Advanced effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to effectively explain, present, and direct others, including effectively utilizing mature judgement, diplomacy, and tact while working with sensitive issues.
- Advanced understanding facility construction and construction management.
- Advanced knowledge of LLNL purchasing, procurement, and organizational procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Institutional Data Base systems: Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), LINCS, Lab Pricer, Java CAF, and Work Planning and Control (WPC).
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.