Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an entry level Project Manager. You will assist in the development of project scope, design and construct conventional facilities projects, define each project’s method of accomplishment, cost, and schedule objectives, and represent assigned projects to the organization. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Define scope requirements and limitations to meet client’s functional criteria and deliver projects on schedule and within cost objectives.
- Prepare and maintain project management plans, budgets/estimates, earned value management parameters, project authorization requests, project change control actions, and monthly status reports.
- Manage expenditures associated with capital acquisition projects within budget.
- Research, review and provide solutions to fundamental issues in business process development, including project scope definition, evaluation of functional and operations requirements, design, testing, and activation of capital assets.
- Develop and deliver project proposals and presentations to a broad audience of customers, stakeholders, and senior managers.
- Collaborate with PMO team members, outside consultants, contractors, users, clients, and DOE to meet project objectives, and to resolve technical and performance issues that require in depth analysis and ingenuity and creativity.
- Communicate project status to project team, resolve issues, and maintain project file documentation suitable for audit review both during and after completion of project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Architecture, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of project management, including project planning, scheduling, cost estimating, and baseline control.
- Fundamental knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- Experience preparing and maintaining project budgets.
- Experience utilizing analytical, process flow, problem solving, customer relationship, organization, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience using software for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a team environment among multi-disciplined personnel, and sufficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain project plans and designs to management and customers.
- California Professional Engineering Registration.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Certification.
- Experience using MS Project and/or Primavera.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.