Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Low-Voltage Facility Electrical Maintenance Production Coordinator. You will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and planning of preventive maintenance, corrective repair, and replacement projects. You will be responsible for planning, coordination, and scheduling of material, equipment, and personnel required for work orders and projects in the repair and maintenance of facility electrical distribution systems and components. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure (F&I) Department.
This position will be filled at either the 369.1 or 369.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Provide advanced technical and administrative oversight to plan, initiate, and coordinate manpower, material, and equipment for maintenance of the Facility Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Review and analyze complex technical problems, work requests, prepare job scope definitions, categorize job complexity, generate task breakdowns, identify task related hazards, and prepare schedule and effort estimates.
- Coordinate multiple jobs, maintenance schedules, and facility outages simultaneously, identifying all necessary permits and operational requirements. Review material lists to ensure accuracy and timeliness of materials procurement to expedite job start.
- Schedule and lead scope development meetings and site walk-downs, create sketches, drawings, plans, and work packages based on craft input, subject matter expert input, and field walk-downs.
- Perform Davis-Bacon work order evaluations.
- Analyze and maintain moderately complex data and work orders in the maintenance management system. Report results, identify problems and plan projects to solve complex to highly complex technical problems and implement solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest maintenance/construction technologies, codes, laws and regulations, environmental requirements, DOE Orders and all principles of Integrated Safety Management (ISM) to generate and implement LLNL safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure customer needs and issues are resolved and communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the 369.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight to plan, initiate, and coordinate manpower, material, and equipment for maintenance and repair of facility electrical distribution systems, motors, meters, elevators, cranes, and battery systems using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Analyze complex data and technical problems to solve problems, implement solutions, review work requests, prepare job scope definitions, categorize job complexity, generate task breakdowns, identify task related hazards, and prepare schedule and effort estimates.
- Collaborate with high level technical and administrative personnel, provide technical direction to others and ensure customer needs and issues are resolved and communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology (e.g. electrical power distribution) or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience in technology related to design or maintenance of low voltage facility electrical distribution systems.
- Significant experience with electrical circuit breaker maintenance and testing.
- Advanced knowledge of the types of equipment, materials, and methods used for repair and maintenance of conventional facility electrical distribution systems and maintenance procedures including scheduling, job estimating, and planning of tasks that could affect building activities and alternative courses of action.
- Advanced knowledge of hazards often associated with maintenance job tasks and work areas.
- Experience utilizing computers to manage and track job orders.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of ES&H policies and procedures, and security regulations and significant experience interpreting complex technical performance/regulatory compliance requirements.
- Advanced customer service and interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of scientific, technical, and administrative personnel.
In Addition at the 369.2 Level
- Extensive experience with electrical circuit breaker maintenance and testing.
- Experience providing highly advanced technical and administrative directing to others.
- Significant experience utilizing computers and associated software to manage and track work orders.
- Experience directing the activities of others and managing work involving subcontractors.
- Significant related experience in construction, facility management, maintenance, or operations.
- Experience in the maintenance of motors, meters, elevators, cranes, and battery systems
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).