Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Ergonomic Equipment Inventory Operations Specialist to develop and administer an inventory management strategy and process for the Ergonomics Program. You will assess requirements and coordinate the ergonomic equipment inventory utilizing a computerized database system to ensure adequate levels of stock are maintained to meet daily distribution demands, while minimizing excess supply. This position is in the Environment Safety and Health Directorate.
- Assess program requirements to develop and implement an inventory management strategy that will control costs, stay within budget, generate savings, rationalize inventory, and maximize available funding. Recognize areas for improvements and identify appropriate solutions.
- Maintain an inventory management and control system for ergonomic products which includes stock location and material profiles.
- Create and maintain procedure documentation for the primary inventory control functions and processes, ensuring the continuous accuracy and integrity of the stock management system implemented. Perform regular cycle counts of inventory materials and assist in conducting physical inventory counts.
- Manage the receipts of new items, returns, back-orders and related issues, document essential data on materials while adhering to strict auditing procedures.
- Maintain service area forms, records and databases. Gather, analyze and summarize data, generate various reports and performance metrics.
- Monitor and maintain current inventory levels; process purchasing orders; track orders and investigate problems; receive, unpack, and deliver goods.
- Develop and implement a process for inventory control, process and approve invoices and investigate discrepancies and shortages, minimize overstocks, , authorize order requests, track expenses, respond to questions and resolves day-to-day operations problems.
- Coordinate ordering and receipt of furniture by working closely with Furniture Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practical knowledge of inventory control and management processes, techniques and regulatory requirements.
- Experience coordinating operations and an understanding of material requirement planning, and enterprise resource planning systems.
- Experience in computer-aided inventory and/or warehousing operations and industry planning and tracking tools.
- Experience collecting, tracking and reporting performance data.
- Proficiency with computers and other standard office technology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with suppliers, programmatic personnel and management. Experience speaking to small and large groups effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to lift 10 – 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of and experience with LLNL policies and procedures.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.