Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Security Specialist to support the Superblock Access office within the Weapons and Complex Integration Principal Directorate. This position serves as the primary point of contact for complex day-to-day issues relating to security access across multiple facilities in a highly sensitive area of the Laboratory. The position reports to the Nuclear Materials Technology Program/Facilities Operations and Support Administrator.
- Resolve day-to-day security-related issues/inquiries; interpret and provide guidance on DOE Security Orders and Laboratory policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals.
- Assist senior level security specialist in the analysis, development and implementation of security-related policies, procedures, methods, and practices.
Collect and validate operations/administrative data and prepare reports.
- Assist in the analysis, development and implementation of systems and procedures for the Superblock that assure appropriate controls, including physical, personnel and information security, are conducted in compliance with LLNL, and Department of Energy directives, orders and requirements.
- Oversee Superblock security functions to include; coordination of security escorts, updates to PTSD alarm station procedures for alarmed areas, area access requestor, maintain day-lock approvals for NMTP facilities, become a key and TESA custodian.
- Conduct and participate in self-assessments and audits, assist in evaluation and develop recommendations for improvement, collect and organize date for reporting.
- Coordinate and validate the reliability of lab wide Human Reliability Program (HRP) data in ARGUS. Point of contact for all HRP employee drug testing notifications within Superblock.
- Assist with the general oversight and personal commitment to the goals of Integrated Safety Management, Integrated Safeguards and Security Management, compliance with all ES&H regulations, good business practices, diversity, and equal opportunity.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in a security, science or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- Basic knowledge of security principles and regulatory requirements related to Classified Matter Protection and Control and the ability to understand and follow established LLNL/ DOE practices, standards, processes, and systems.
- Experience functioning effectively as a team member, while working effectively under general supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills for own work necessary to recommend appropriate actions and solutions. Experience working collaboratively on projects and the proven ability to build strong relationships with team members and clients.
- Experience providing support for self-assessments and audits.
- Extensive experience with personal computers, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Effective organization skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Effective customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Previous experience working effectively in a classified environment or special access area and experience working in a scientific or technical program.
- Knowledge and experience working with classified documents, media, Argus, TESA, LEAP, Repositories, Vault Type Rooms and FileMaker Pro.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.