Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist III. You will perform a full range of moderately difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment in support of the Global Security (GS) Business Operations team.. This position is in the Global Security (GS) Principal Directorate.
- Serve as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Independently schedule appointments, maintain calendars, track action and signature items, ensuring timely flow of paperwork, and verify accuracy prior to submission for approvals.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative functions, including independently answering inquiries, making appropriate referrals, following through on requests, and maintaining spreadsheets, files and tracking systems.
- Arrange moderately complex domestic and foreign travel and itineraries, including submitting expense reports and processing payment requests.
- Initiate, prioritize, coordinate, and process Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Service Requests.
- Independently assigns and track EAM service requests and data to work completion; ensure timely flow of work activities, checking for accuracy; and ensure EAM service requests are closed.
- Serve as an administrative team member and assist with special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Administrative knowledge and experience, including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Effective organizational skills (well organized and methodical) with experience working under limited supervision, prioritizing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and critical deadlines, while showing flexibility, attention to detail, discretion, tact, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, mature judgment, professionalism, and discretion, necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce, a variety of people and job functions across the laboratory, and represent the directorate.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to moderately difficult administrative problems.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to set priorities and goals.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with programs, such as, the Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member, as well as independently.
- Familiarity with LLNL’s Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes.
- Knowledge of LLNL Business Operations applications and processes.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) L-level or Q-level clearance or an active Secret or Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.