Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Workforce Administrator to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work independently to plan, execute and/or provide oversight to a variety of business, workforce, and organizational requirements and activities. You will be a member of the Division Administrative Management Team. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs.
This position will be filled at either the A01.2 or A01.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes in functional area.
- Experience participating in and leading business, operational and/or organizational activities.
- Experience representing management to diverse internal and external contacts, communicating manager’s direction.
- Specialized and operational knowledge of industry practices with experience applying analytical and research skills.
- Understanding of principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws. Knowledge and understanding of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc.).
- Administrative and organizational skills, including detail oriented, flexibility, and experience independently coordinating and prioritizing multiple and complex work activities, often with conflicting deadlines. Ability to work effectively with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgment, and tact in handling issues of a sensitive nature and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, direct, negotiate, and influence others.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software including MS Office applications and experience developing complex reports for use in management decision making.
In Addition at the A01.3 Level
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of significant experience and education in a related business, operational and/or organizational area.
- Experience leading and supervising the work of others.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures, compliance requirements and state and federal laws (FSLA, ADA, EEO, etc.), including all processes related to postings, hiring, and job reclassifications.
- Experience working independently; self-motivated and can assume responsibility and make decisions with minimal guidance.
Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.