Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Security Specialist to serve as the Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments (UFV&A) Section Supervisor. You will act on behalf of and support the Personnel Security Group Leader on matters requiring security policy interpretation and compliance as it relates to unclassified foreign national access and badging procedures. This position has a high consequence of error as actions could provide an individual access to the site to include limited areas and/or to classified matter. This position is in the Information and Personnel Security Division (IPSD) within the Security Organization (SO).
- Oversee and serve as the subject matter expert for the UFV&A program for internal and external customers resolving non-routine security-related problems and provide solutions and guidance while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Supervise an administrative employee within the UFV&A program and assist with supervising additional administrative employees within the Badge Office including performance management, training, mentoring, and participating in the hiring process and selections for UFV&A and Badge Office positions.
- Responsible for ensuring all foreign national visits and assignments are in compliance with DOE Orders and LLNL policies and procedures and that these visits are effectively and accurately implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity is maintained with proper data entry into the UFV&A database and the badging databases and prepare administrative and statistical reports for internal and external audits.
- Maintain the content of the foreign national host web training, the UFV&A policy and procedure documents, and the UFV&A internal customer website.
- Implement badging policies and procedures effectively and accurately where they intersect with the UFV&A process.
- Participate in self-assessments, identify findings, deficiencies, and observations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in security or related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Comprehensive understanding and experience protecting highly sensitive information while adhering to, and applying security principles, and regulatory requirements.
Experience developing, delivering, and maintaining clear and concise policies, procedures, training materials and reports.
Demonstrated supervisory skills to effectively interact and mentor internal staff members.
Experience leading customer-focused operations.
Analytical and research skills and experience preparing reports and participating in internal and external audits.
Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to gather, clarify and recommend solutions to non-routine security-related problems having Lab-wide impact.
Experience working effectively both independently and in team settings to conduct assessments, analyze results, and develop and execute sound solutions.
Working knowledge of the LLNL/DOE UFV&A program.
Experience creating and giving presentations.
Proven experience in effective leadership.
Basic understanding of Export Control.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.