Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Manager. You will oversee the implementation of the BIM execution strategy and provide strategic direction, leadership, and support in the use of BIM on projects. This position is in the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the BIM execution strategy within PMO; provide direction and leadership on the use of BIM on projects and the strategy and approach for implementation at various phases of individual projects.
- Provide BIM support to the various disciplines involved on the project and ensure consistent use of BIM across projects; edit, create, and maintain BIM content including Revit templates, families, detail components and detail library.
- Apply innovative technical expertise to design and create highly complex construction documentation and drawings using AutoCAD and Revit; provide technical advice to keep CAD and Revit users up to date on new productivity techniques, provide mentorship, and recommend training.
- Assist in the development of Revit content for specific trades.
- Ensure model stability and performance through the various phases; oversee modeling standards compliance with internal and external teams.
- Assist in project setup including the proper implementation of coordinates, linked information, and standards related framework including template and content use, graphic settings, etc.
- QA/QC project BIM deliverables at milestones or project close-out developed by in-house or A&E partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture/Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and significant related experience.
- Significant experience providing technical direction and mentoring others.
- Expert knowledge of integrated architectural and engineering practices.
- Significant experience and highly advanced knowledge of CAD and associated software.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of and significant experience in Revit and Autodesk BIM 360.
- Significant experience assisting in preparing construction documents in multiple engineering disciplines including architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical.
- Experience making independent technical decisions that may have significant consequences to broad segments and/or sections of a major project.
- Expert written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to tactfully and effectively establish and maintain highly productive working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical, scientific, and administrative personnel, and the ability to facilitate small groups.
- Knowledge of engineering discipline-specific software packages.
- Autodesk Revit Certified Professional.
- Experience with Navisworks and Civil 3D.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.