Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Business Operations Manager. You will manage Health Services Department (HSD) business operations and budget including procurements for HSD. This position necessitates interactions with a number of external organizations, including DOE, DOL, and internal stakeholders (senior management, operational managers, line management, patients, and clinical staff). This position is in the Health Services Department within the Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate and will report to the Department Manager.
- Plan, direct, and manage the day to day business processes of HSD including personnel, procurements, budget, information systems, facility management, performance metrics, and quality assurance to ensure smooth functioning of the Department.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and processes as needed to support of business needs of the Department.
- Manage the HSD budget in collaboration with the Department Head and Directorate Resource Analyst, ensuring the costs of staffing and procurements do not exceed allocations.
- Coordinate personnel recruiting and hiring, training requirements, performance management, career development, and salary management needs of the Department.
- Supervise the administrative staff within the Department.
- Support quality improvement and risk management activities required to maintain AAAHC and the Occupational Medicine Functional Area.
- Manage the credentialing and qualification records of staff to ensure all staff remain in compliance and that records are easily auditable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in business operations, including strong experience in 3 of the following areas: management of budgets, recruitment and hiring, personnel management, procurements, contracts, facilities, performance metrics, and/or quality assurance.
- Experience as a supervisor, including performance management, ranking, goal setting and/or salary management.
- Advanced skills using desktop tools (e.g., Excel) to manage business processes, track and trend data, and develop operational reports.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to function effectively and independently, to set priorities and complete deliverables in a multi-tasking environment with constantly changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and negotiate toward favorable results for the team and the organization.
- Expert communication, facilitation, collaboration, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain effective working relationships with a broad cross-section of management, technical and administrative personnel.
- Work experience and/or formal training in health information management and administration to include an understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, practices, and medical terminology to assure quality management of personal health information
- Experience in administration of LLNL management assurance systems
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.