Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for an Acquisition Management Group Supervisor. You will be responsible for the organization and cost-effective utilization of the work force, purchasing of equipment and materials, and for personnel actions. You will be responsible for scheduling, establishing priorities, and analyzing skills mix of a multi-disciplined workforce for job assignments, solving the groups personnel and technical problems, budget management, and monitoring ES&H requirements. You will be responsible for providing supervision and administrative coordination for the procurement and fabrication of general electronics instrumentation, hardware and data acquisition systems, and mechanical equipment and hardware for various projects. This position is in the Manufacturing Section of the Materials Engineering Division (MED), within the Engineering Directorate.
- Provide supervisory and technical management of the work center/teams of roughly 15 individuals. This includes work planning, setting priorities, writing performance appraisals, career development, training, salary, ranking, promotion recommendations, and disciplinary issues.
- Prepare complex procurement packages for electro/mechanical fabrications including specifications and statements of work, as well as quality assurance and inspection requirements.
- Monitor procurement deliverables and provide interface between LLNL and supplier, such as on time deliverables, milestone reviews, and technical resolutions during processing.
- Provide advanced coordinator support for resolution of vendor supply and fabrication problems, obtain authorization for design changes, substitutions, job orders, and other related actions to resolve advanced problems and ensure meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Solve advanced technical, administrative and procurement support to process, coordinate and/or expedite Unicard Orders, Releases, and Requisitions for equipment, repairs, materials and hardware to meet program and project schedules.
- Review and resolve drawings for accuracy and completeness, and ensure guidelines, standards, specifications, and procedures are followed.
- Establish or modify guidelines, techniques, and procedures for strategic work center planning including QA, workflow processes, tools and equipment acquisition/repair/maintenance, workforce, and budgetary management.
- Interface closely with LLNL program and/or facility managers, technical contacts, and project engineers.
- Interface with other MED, Engineering, or institutional capabilities to provide broad, integrated solutions to best serve programmatic needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Manufacturing Technology, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced leadership skills and experience supervising a team, project or group, directing the work of others, developing schedules, determining technical support level requirements, managing and changing workloads and priorities, and performance and personnel management.
- Significant experience in coordination of complex projects including project planning, purchasing, budgeting, and workforce planning.
- Advanced knowledge of acquisition processes; programmatic approval, bid, award, receive, property management, reconciliation, and close-outs.
- Advanced skills and understanding of relevant technologies and processes, to procure and coordinate electronic and mechanical systems, and solve advanced technical issues.
- Ability to read drawings and the ability to identify and specify component standards.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Technical Release Representative Certification.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to supervise a team and present/explain technical knowledge in specific technical areas.
- Advanced administrative skills including the use of computers and software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar applications.
- Advanced knowledge of LLNL’s work control and integrated safety management processes and resources.
- Familiar with MED's fabrication control system (COSMOS) relative to job planning, estimating, scheduling, and routing.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret ANSI Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in the review, tracking, and monitoring of service work orders regarding estimates, schedules, and status.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.